Sunday, August 15, 2010

From bed bugs to weekend hikes...


Our newly covered bed. The view from the top. Me and my kids.


Liz and her girls.


The view from the top and ensuing soccer game. The white pine forest.

Its been quite a couple of weeks and I am falling further and further behind with this blog. We recently discovered that we had bed bugs and spent most of the weekend covering our matress with plastic, washing all our clothes and spraying way too much bug spray around the house. The only break we had from all this was sunday morning when we met up with some of the kids from our schools and hiked up to the letters on the hill of our town. Its pretty funny because there is absolutely no tourist draw to our town or any other reason to draw attention to it, but for some reason we have a hollywood style sign on the hillside that lets everyone driving by on the highway that we are in fact here and that they should want to be here too. The hike was beautiful and my favorite part was the white pine forest at the top. The girls all hiked in their traditional dresses as well as their dress sandals and high heels and we sported our hiking shoes and technical outer wear. After the hike we had a game on the top of the mountain and then returned for lunch and a nap. It was a great day.

5 comments:

Ed said...

This is so much fun to read! I know you're enjoying it all. I'm glad to know you're doing so well.

I absolutely love that picture of you and your family where you're leaning back on Trevor.

Thanks for sharing!

Ed

Kyle and Lizzy said...

Thanks Ed for the comment. Its nice to know that people actually read this thing. Hope all is well where you are and miss you. Take care.
Kyle

Julie said...

Hey Kyle-people are reading it! Well, I read it, and I suppose that counts for something. It looks like you two are having great adventures out there-keep it coming!

Unknown said...

HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY KYLIE...........Wish we were there with you on top of that hill with the cool hollywood sign. We love you and wish you and Lizzy the best. Besos!

Eileen y Trebol

Reed said...

Kyle, I told you that I read this and you told me to comment, so here I am. Bed bugs...you might as well be in New York!
Looks like great days and the experience is worth the bugs. Thanks for sharing.