Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preparations for the 15th and a 15era.


A random dog in the pila. An old guy looking over the valley and two of my students.


The view from my school. The girls making meat patties over a wood fire stove. The school director with students and my big head.
Below is a picture of what awaits most of my students...a life working in the fields and hauling firewood.



The kids at my school had to prepare a meal fit for a quincenera the other day. They also were practicing for the 15th of september which is the big day of independence day celebrations. They lifted each other all over the place and did things that made me worry they would land on their heads. It made me feel very old and overly cautious.

1 comment:

Mal and Greg said...

You guys are doing amazing things and look so good! Seems like tons of fun. Live it up! We miss you guys, have a great month of September!!!