Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kermes in Choni!

One of my schools just held their Kermes (not sure of the spelling on this one) and hosted a basketball and soccer tournament while offering such useful services as a beauty salon, smoothies and not one but two different dance clubs. Here are two of the girls practicing their craft.
These two are sisters, one is my student the other will be next year.
The Basketball tournament. I was ref for one game until someone realized I had no idea what I was doing and that I don't like to blow whistles so I wasn't calling any fouls.
Here is the enchilada stand. Guatemalan style enchiladas consist of a very fired tortilla with some type of meat in mayonnaise and in this case a ketchup topping.
Here is the smoothie shop. You could chose between papaya, something else and peanut.
This was the chip store, these girls hid when I got out the camera.
Welcome to dance club #1.
And now dance club #2.
One room was a spook alley. Here are the girls before...
and after.
This was the wedding room where you could come and put on a veil. This one didn't go over too well since the kids are afflicted with an especially potent form of teenage embarrassment here. Still not sure who thought this one would be a moneymaker.

No comments: