Monday, May 17, 2010

Lizzy in San Bartolo

The first of many new recipes to come...during one of our classes my group learned how to make Chilles Rellenos at Dona Rosa´s house. It took a lot of work and a few hours, but man are they tasty, the hotter the better!





This picture isn´t so great, but it is of a woman carrying 4 huge loads on her head, can you spot her?











San Bartolome is the name of the small town I, Lizzy, live in. It sits at the bottom of the mountains so there are many hikes to go on. Here are a few pictures from the view above as I walk to a friends house for class. As you can see, at the top of the mountains is where most people grow crops. This is interesting when thinking about erosion and emergency plans in the case of an earthquake...Not to worry, we have a plan!In the middle is also a picture of some of my family. Mom, Dona Dora, Dad Don Cesar, Sister Julissa and my two adopted nephews, Diego, 4 and Sebastian 1.

No comments: