Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making Tortillas


Each day I have hours of language and technical training with Felipe, who is the very short man in the back of these pictures. I am in a group with 3 other people, Pedro (Peter), Christina and Maggie and for school on this day we made tortillas and learned to wash our clothes in a Pila (the traditional sink that is used here complete with water cistern, pics of that are to come). The women of the house could barely contain their laughter at our abilities and the old dog next to the stove seemed very disappointed in our efforts as well. It was a lot of fun and I can now say that I know how to make tortillas by hand....well, at least I can make them by hand after I buy the prepared corn. Anyways, things are going great and I am having a lot of fun.




This picture was from my roof during an awesome lightning storm just in front of the volcanoes and behind the clouds.

3 comments:

John said...

This makes living in new places seem so exciting. Do you think Corianne and I should make a blog about Laramie? We are going to walmart tonight to buy some curlers. That might be worth blogging about.

Mal and Greg said...

Sounds and looks amazing! I'm excited to learn these new cooking skills you'll be bringing home! The area looks beautiful and the people very welcoming. Good luck and have a blast out there!!! - Mallary

draperboys said...

john, yes please make a blog about laramie. nice to hear from you both. i miss the climbing crew.